No need to call me Dr. Vo, please just call me Vivian (she/her/hers).
Some Things About Me:
- Having my doctorate in podiatric medicine, I am highly qualified and experienced in giving biomechanical exams and doing body readings so we can use our time together to cater to your specific body needs (optional)
- I’m Vietnamese American, child of refugees & immigrants
- Living with Lupus since 2012, I’m cognizant of energy management and will cater our practices to what you energetically need on a given day (restorative, yin, hatha, vinyasa) allowing you to feel restored & balanced
- Being a Domestic Violence Survivor, and using yoga as a way to reclaim my body, I’m empathetic of the life experiences you’ve had (sharing never required. I strive to continue learning about being trauma-informed, and I’m to be certified in Trauma-Informed Yoga by the end of this year, 2021)
- I am a proud Cat Mom to 2 grey domestic short hair (mom & son)
I believe yoga can be used to liberate ourselves, remind us of our interconnectedness, and therefore bring us to a future where we’re united & free. It’s not easy, but it’ll be worth it.
You’re here because you:
- Want to achieve harmony between your mind, body, and spirit
- Wish to have more confidence in your personal practice
- Desire a life with more ease, presence, and connectedness
- Want a yoga teacher who is empathetic, attentive, and committed to your goals & well-being.
I am based on the inhabited and unceded ancestral lands of the Lisjan Ohlone tribe (Oakland, CA). I honor and embrace the South Asian roots of the yoga practice and I acknowledge and appreciate the teachers from India who developed and codified this practice so that we can benefit from it today. Learn more about the land you inhabit.
“I’ve attended several sessions of Vivian’s live rituals and I love them! In each session, she guides us with new topics of discussions and journal prompts that invites us to re-ground and check-in with ourselves. She shares her teachings and experiences in a gentle, authentic, and open way, which makes me feel seen and understood. The rituals are immersive and I feel welcomed and comfortable to share conversation with the community, or just partake. I leave each ritual feeling more calm and reflective. I look forward to more rituals with Vivian :)!“
“Vivian knows EXACTLY what adjustments I need in my body. Her hands on adjustments are SPOT on. She is so in-tune with what my body needs. I have tense shoulders and weak hips (from sitting at my desk all day -_-) and she intuitively knows that I need a block when I sit in a yoga squat or that I need extra work on my shoulders. She created a UNIQUE private class JUST FOR ME to focus on my third chakra, the chakra I need help balancing the most. Thank you Vivian for being so attentive!”
Training & Experience:
- Embody Yoga’s Roots 300hr Yoga Teacher Training, in progress
- Reclaiming Chakras Workshop, Alchemystic Studio
- Uplifted 300/500hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Plant-Based Nutrition Certification, ECornell
- VA Palo Alto Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency Training
- Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine, New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- B.S. in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in Neurobiology, Physiology, Biology, UC Davis